Monday, January 11, 2010

Day Eleven



Seems that I'm gravitating towards the rose bushes! Should have chosen January in the Rose Bush as a theme instead of January in the Backyard. The rose bushes seem to hold the most winter beauty in the backyard. I'm quite alright with that seeing Roses are my favorite flower - all because of their smell...so sweet like candy.

Another day of flurries. Two feet from my back door was Hanging Rosetta. Hanging Rosetta has taunted me since day one. She just hangs there. I've tried to capture an image of Hanging Rosetta many times. Although I have found she has been boring and I've been unable to get anything that pleases my eyes! Until today, with the overnight and early morning flurries HangingRosetta has collected her fluffy white stuff. With more fluffy white stuff on the ground, and a yet unshoveled driveway - snow provides the nice white backdrop for Rosetta.

Beautiful Hanging Rosetta I finally got you!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The colors are beautiful especially against the snow. I love the 'fluffy white stuff' Rosetta is cradling, it really shows the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I think the white background really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful. You should print this out as a poster. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty, you see she was teasing you until the time was just right.
    I've fallen in love with your images, they are in my eyes just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that little splash of color against the white is beautiful. I love how your composition, and how it is drooping upside down with the snow retained in its petals. It's quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image! You've captured the perfect sharpness on the snow texture and rose petals. This would make a wonderful poster - I agree with Ratbar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is superb! So poignant and lovely and the rose looks so sad and wilted and covered in snow! Just wonderful. Like the end of a love story. Great exposure on that snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely with all those patches of snow to bring out her colour. I love your tale too.

    ReplyDelete