Friday, January 29, 2010

Day TwentyNine


Well it wasn't as windy today as it was yesterday, but it sure felt colder. Today I unbuttoned a middle button on my coat and tucked in my camera because I was sure it was going to turn into an icecicle! When I came in today my fingers were redish purple and once the warm finally kicked in, they burned like they were on fire...owwie! Why oh why did I chose an outdoor theme!? Only a couple more days.
Ok, so I'm not as interested in my subject as I am in the colors of the background. :) I just wish I'd have gone a little higher in my angle to the subject to get rid of the sunlit strip of ground along the top. Oh well, I still like the colors.

5 comments:

  1. I'm am so behind commenting but I admire your daily finds, such beauty in one garden. You see it and use the warm light so well. I love your growing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are wonderful in the background - it almost looks like an oil painting. It looks very sunny, as your plant is very illuminated. Funny how some of us (from sunny climates) don't associate freezing cold with sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, only one more day to go...! The colors in the background look so pretty, I agree with buff that they are like an oil painting. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those background colours really are pretty. And I think your choice of subject works well. It certainly fits in well with the rest of your gallery which is a joy to see every day. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do produce beautiful photos. This one is lovely with the sun shining on the rosebush.Hang in there. Almost over. And at least you don't have to choose your own theme for the contest. You could choose a nice indoors cosy theme to shoot.

    ReplyDelete