Monday, January 4, 2010

Day Four




Much warmer today. I was able to spend some time out there searching around for something perfect. I am really loving the perfect white backdrop the snow is providing for my subjects. I'll probably kick myself later for saying this, but I can't wait for more snow! Why? Well as I was walking around I saw plenty of subjects for future days, but I'm going to wait for more snow (if we get any) to get what I want.

Today I found this beautiful dried rose. It seems the beauty of warmer days sticks around to keep us happy in the colder days. Even if it's past its prime, it still holds the soothing qualities of its many layers. Just now instead of bathing in the warm sun, each petal hugs itself to keep warm. I'm not sure how much longer little red will stay with us laying around at the foot of the bush, but now she'll stick around forver 'frozen' in time.

16 comments:

  1. A very pretty find with wonderful description. Nice diagonal composition and use of negative space for impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold must have come suddenly to keep the rose look as pretty as she does. Lovely postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and speaks volumes. I really like the composition you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good composition and "feel." Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help myself,
    but i have to think "sleeping beauty" here.
    Really nice. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully emotional image, great sharpness, and I love how the snow fades to a solid white high-key image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous... out of all your awesome shots this one is my fave.. beautiful colors on the icy cold white... well done!!

    Krea~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely composition as are all your shots; this one also have a special emotional pull. WEll done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A delicate rose and snow. Seems incongruous, but it makes for a beautiful image. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh it's so sad looking and yet at the same time so very lovely.
    Sighs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting that red seems to be recurring with the white snow...great contrast, and unexpected for those of us who do not live in snow country.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh so sad...but a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome find! I thought you placed it there on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely, crisp colours and very moody.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very beautiful and evocative. The rose itself is crisp and sharp, and the faded colours and the way the focu falloff fades to the rear of the image, is very effective for evoking a sad sort of mood. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete