Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day TwentySeven


Brrrr! Winter is back for sure. Out with the unseasonal warm and in with the typical cold - again! The dusting of snow from yesterday was gone, but the dusting from overnight was still there.
After taking shots of a couple other subjects, walking back to the door to come in I saw some leaves on the driveway. This one was curled up and standing on its tips, like it was tippy-toeing through the snow. A few seconds after the wind gusted and blew this little fella away. I feel like I go back and forth between liking an image and hating it. It's like I initially like it, then through the day when I look I feel 'meh' about it, then there are moments of liking it again.

7 comments:

  1. I was thinking about the leaf being on tippy toes to avoid the snow and then read your comment; you made a good choice to include it, it's one of my favourites. I love the shadow on the snow. What a lovely gallery! Every photo fits in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.. another great photo. Your entire gallery is beautiful, you have a great eye. I am wondering if you live anywhere near where I live as you seem to be having similar weather cycles.. you wouldn't be in Quebec would you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very unique shot...good to have found this one. MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  4. It fits well with your other pictures. And I really like the detail of the leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring and a lovely spot. The way the leaf looks like it is on tiptoes is just lovely and the warmth in the colour is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun shot, the tiptoes idea works for me and the sunshine and shadow join in nicely!

    ReplyDelete