Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day Twelve



The sun was shining and the snow was sparkling like glitter. My eyes were watering from the brightness and I didn't grab my sunglasses. What to shoot, what to shoot? I walked around and around looking for color somewhere...nope nothing new with color. Oh dear, this is again getting hard. I realize that I may not always find color, so I need to focus on the tiny details of the backyard, that very rarely - if ever - have been seen. The tiny hairs, the little balls of fuzz, the curves and veins and bends and twists. And....

Oh Bananas! Look - these are neat! What are they? I don't know, but they have dried up and look like 1/2 inch size dried bananas! Now where are the mini monkeys - I would like one to keep in my pocket :D

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful DOF, again! Considering the stark landscape of the cold winter, you've managed to pluck some lovely shots of plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how there re hints of blue in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a plant like that, we call it Teunisbloem (Oenothera), you can watch it open in the evening while sitting next to it. They add texture to a wintergarden as you spotted so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such tiny little gems you are finding in your garden, it's so pretty and as before, in full view just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this photo. That is a cool looking plant. You will have to keep your eye out the next time, I would like to see what the colored flowers look like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those seedpods.. nice light with the white of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty again against such a superb white background. Who needs to fuss trying to get backgrounds to stay white, when mother nature does it so beautifully. Love that shallow DOF. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of tiny monkeys for the tiny bananas! I hope you find some before the month is through ;) Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very nice at large size, they look like little crown tips. Your comment re the monkeys cracked me up ;-)

    ReplyDelete