Monday, January 25, 2010

Day TwentyFive


I was pretty stumped today ... har har har ... It rained a lot yesterday and everything is really wet and squishy. When I walked out there I wasn't sure what I'd find this gloomy day, and when I stepped on the grass I got that sinking feeling ... har har har ... that I'd find nothing. But as I stood by this stump with the dog running full blast past me spraying mud all over me, I chose this. Nothing spectacular, but it's supposed to get cold again and snow the next couple days (we'll see) so maybe then I'll get something pretty again.

7 comments:

  1. Nice macro texture. love the puns. It's good to be 'punny' on a wet, muddy, slushy day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad to see some more green in your pics the last few days. You must be giddy with delight that all is not white (I can be rhymy if you can be punny). Maybe the snow won't be so bad this time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. DD! That DoF is fantastic, I love how sharp and rough the stump is in the part thats in focus. Awesome shot! Your theme as a whole has overall done a great job of maintaining its cohesiveness over the whole month! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, you did a great job with the DOF. The part that is in focus has so much texture .. it's really great. Nice composition too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some lovely detail in ths shot. Quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice textural detail and a great composition. You and your shallow DOF are really getting along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shallow DoF, so think this is a cracker of a shot. The texture and colour on top of the trunk are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete