Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day TwentyFour


Ugh, rain rain go away come again some other day! January and I had to deal with going out in the RAIN! It's pouring out there. The rain is icy cold - and it is WINDY! The things I do for you people :P So I had an umbrella and instead of using it to keep the rain off of me, I used it to try and block the wind. It's really hard to focus when your subject keeps moving quickly toward and away from you. My pant legs are drenched, so is my coat. I kept the camera dry though. So I had the camera in one hand, the umbrella handle being held by my shoulder and neck and my other hand holding the thorny stems to try and keep it still (that didnt work because the leaves were blowing regardless). I left my focus and just moved my body closer or farther away to get it in focus because my hands were occupied :) This is what you get for today because I wasn't staying out there any longer.
On the other hand. Went to the Ice Fesitval yesterday. I got out my camera take one shot, try to take another and it says "card FULL" .... WHAT??!?!?! Why now? I've been so horribly lazy about clearing my card each day that I had 400+ RAW photos on my card (only 2gb). I meant to do it yesterday but I ran out of time before leaving. So, that totally sucked. I started deleting certain photos individually to clear some room, trying to make sure I didn't delete the ones I needed to keep for my original files. But regardless, before I went out this morning I cleaned out my card and started fresh :) Lesson learned!

8 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful photograph which has ddallas written all over it. Under such adverse conditions I think you did an amazing job.

    As for having so many photos on your card. I'd say 400 was probably a bit excessive but you're probably not the only one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain.
    About the rain.
    But then again,
    Maybe we're both... insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you got wet but the raindrops just make this pic so good.

    sgatanstu

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.. you got the rain, it's just starting here and we will have it all day tomorrow.. then Tuesday night, frost again.. not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm well I'd have popped on my raincoat and ran out and taken a slip of the rose bush and then gone into my nice dry home...and taken the pic in there...but then...it wasn't raining here.
    Very pretty with the raindrops on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shot! Love the crispness and bright and beautiful colours. And what you went through for this image is commendable.

    As to having a full card, you should get in the habit of clearing it after every photo shoot. That way you are always ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well worth the effort, it is a gorgeous close up! Kudos for you for braving the elements.

    ReplyDelete