Friday, January 8, 2010

Day Eight



We got several inches of snow yesterday, about 3-4 inches. There was another set of shrivveling red berries hanging from a fence. They were topped with a bit of snow. I haven't seen anymore berries around, just these and the ones from day one. I hope the snow doesn't melt today or overnight. There are some more shot out there I'd like to get tomorrow. We'll see how that works out.

This picture is looking different on here today than it does in my files on my computer, the red is looking terribly pixely. I tried re-uploading it, but it still looks different. Oh well.

10 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful picture - just like your others. The composition is great and I like how the branch on the right is slightly blurred. The berries lok as though their outer layer is too big for their insides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bit of shrivel to the berries....they look so fresh in the snow otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your theme - these are so serene and beautiful. I find it astonishing how you discover lovely little things each day. Hope you keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one looks like ice cream on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright find in all that white, your theme is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful...kind of like white chocolate covered cherries... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yogurt covered cherries...yummy! I love the red with the snow, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad your are obviously not a gardener that cleans up all "dead" material before winter. Now we can enjoy all the treasures you find. I love how the blurred stem adds to the composition of this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was dead sure that I commented on this last week! Well, I think it's a beautiful shot, and the waxy shininess of the berries looks so beautiful covered in snow like that. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous looking berries; their colour is leaping off the screen at me! A very nicely composed shot. You are having fun finding things for us to share.

    ReplyDelete