Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day Three




Today was an evil cold day! 3F (-16C) with high winds bringing the wind chill much much colder. I went out in search for today's photo. I walked sideways and backwards keeping my back to the wind and my hands inside my sleeves and inside coat pockets. Just a few seconds of my hands exposed, my fingers were numb. I began thinking that I may have picked a dumb topic HAHA! I tried and tried to get a shot out there today, but with the high winds and instantly numb fingers I didn't get anything I liked. I headed in to warm up a bit before trying again. Standing at the back window looking out to try and grasp an idea I saw the condensation drops in a row across the window and a row of ice formed...inside! The warmth of the house against the chilled window didn't mix too well. There, I thought, my subject. It's still the backyard - but more so the barrier between me and the insane windchill!

8 comments:

  1. Crazy cold here to, but you managed to get an awesome pic anyways, good for you. I also have a really bad problem shooting outdoor in the subzero temps. My fingers not only go numb they go white and hurt.. you sound like you have the same thing. Ouch.. Lovely work you are showing so far, well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ice INSIDE the window. I can't even fathom temperatures that low, but I admire your dedication to your theme and willingness to go outside to capture an image for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is some wicked cold weather you are having. And we got sunburnt on the beach yesterday! What a great idea to shoot the backyard from inside instead. Well done!

    (I also have poor circulation in my feet and hands and cold like that just doesn't agree with my extremities. They go red and sore and stay that way for days. I was told I once had the start of mild frostbight, and will never be the same, but where I live, I don't often have to test that out!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inventive idea under the circumstances. Hope the weather isn't quite so cold for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep we are all mad, I've worked that out.
    (Nods wisely.)
    You dedication to find a good image paid off, this is wonderful.
    Humidity here today was around 80%, thought that might warm you poor fingers up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story to go along with this pretty and inventive photo. I can't imagine it being that cold - we don't get snow, only heavy frosts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well thanks to the freezing cold your were forced to be creative and you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The say necessity is the mother of invention and I say you found a great shot under the circustances...only 8 degrees here so I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete